Minorca is an excellent option for your summer holidays for many reasons you probably already know. But, just in case you are not sure about that, we will tell you here all the causes that will make you want to visit it. But, before doing it, did you know that this island is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Spain?
Yes, it is so and the reasons are the same for what you will love to know it. Here they are!
1. Minorca is ideal for families. In fact, it is known as the most familiar island of the Balearic. Going there with your wife and children will bring new and unforgettable experiences that you will only know here.
2. This is a small island, but here you have plenty of services, such as: car hire in Minorca, wonderful villas to rent, shopping centers, bars, delicious restaurants...
3. Extraordinary opportunities to have a rest are possible in Minorca thanks to their particular slow lifestyle. All their citizens are very friendly, polite and calm.
4. Another good alternative to rest is the big amount of unspoilt coves where you can go to sunbathe, relax or, simply, have a very nice day doing nothing! Macarella, Macarelleta, Mitjana, Pregonda and En Porter are only a small selection of the wonderful coves you can find there.
5. This island is also very traditional. In fact, it preserves archaeological remains of the past centuries. The “taulas” of Minorca are one of its principal tourist attraction. You can do a route through all its prehistoric villages. It is a must see in Minorca!
6. Minorca is also a perfect destination for those who love spending time exploring the ocean. There, you can practice snorkelling, diving; but there are also lots of aquatic activities such as surfing, paddle surf, etc.
7. Minorca's gastronomy is simply fabulous. Its traditional “caldereta de langosta” combines the savour of the delicious lobster with a Minorcan special touch.
8. For those who prefer a summer holiday in the countryside, Menorca is ideal! There are lots of country houses with private pools where you can have access to really beautiful views at the same time you enjoy with your family.
There is no doubt that Minorca is an excellent option for your summer holidays. So, what are you waiting for to plan your next summer holidays?